Macaroni Grill's Pasta Gamberetti e Pinoli
Lemon Butter Sauce
4 oz. Lemon Juice
2 oz. White Wine
4 oz. Heavy Cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 lb. Unsalted Butter, Softened
1) Heat lemon juice and white wine in a sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and reduce by one-third.
2) Add cream and simmer until mixture thickens (approximately 3-4 minutes). Slowly add butter until completely incorporated.
3) Season with salt and pepper.
4) Remove sauce from heat and hold in a warm area or near the stove.
Preparing Shrimp Pasta
6 oz. Whole Butter
12 oz. Sliced Mushrooms
1 1/2 oz. Garlic, Chopped
36 Shrimp, Large, Peeled and Deveined
1 1/2 oz. Pine Nuts, Toasted
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper, Ground
6 oz. Fresh Spinach, Cleaned and Stemmed
36 oz. Capellini Pasta, Cooked
18 oz. Lemon Butter Sauce
1 bunch Parsley, Chopped
1) Heat butter in large saute pan over medium-high heat.
2) Add mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes.
3) Add garlic, shrimp, pine nuts, salt, pepper, and saute until shrimp are translucent. Reduce heat and add spinach, lightly toss with shrimp mixture (be careful not to wilt the spinach).
Garnish: Parsley, chopped
Have pasta ready at the same time as the shrimp
1) Place 6 oz. of hot, cooked pasta on each plate.
2) Add 18 oz. of the Lemon Butter Sauce to the shrimp and spinach mixture and lightly toss.
3) Next to the pasta, place a few pieces of the spinach and 6 shrimp on each plate.
4) Pour the remainder of the sauce mixture evenly over the shrimp and spinach, and complete by pouring a small amount of the sauce over the pasta and sprinkle with chopped parsley.