Honey-Mustard Roasted Salmon
POINTS« Value: 5
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Sweet honey and hot mustard are wonderfully balanced in this Dijon
sauce. Try it over other types of fish and grilled or roasted chicken
1 spray(s) cooking spray
1 1/2 pound(s) pink salmon fillet(s), four 6-oz pieces, about 1-inch-thick each*
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, coarsely ground, or to taste
1/4 cup(s) Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp dry mustard, hot-variety
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp fresh dill, chopped
* Preheat oven to 400║F. Coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
* Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper; place salmon in prepared baking dish.
* In a small bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard,
honey, water, vinegar, dry mustard and garlic powder. Remove 2
tablespoons of mustard sauce and brush over salmon fillets. Stir dill
into remaining mustard sauce and set aside.
* Roast until salmon is fork-tender, about 15
minutes. Serve salmon with reserved mustard sauce spooned over top.
Yields about 4 to 5 ounces of salmon and 1 1/2 tablespoons of sauce per
* *We used pink salmon fillets (also known as
humpback salmon) in this recipe because they are less fatty than some
other salmon varieties like coho and sockeye salmon. If you prefer to
use a different type of salmon, just make sure to account for any extra