2 C fresh basil packed tight
1/2c. pine nuts
1/2c. parmesan cheese (grated)
1/8c. garlic (chopped)
1/2c-3/4c. blended oil
kosher salt and black pepper
1. Pick all of the basil leaves off of the main stems and place them in
a bowl. Discard the main stems. Toast the pine nuts @ 350 degrees for
2. Now add the pine nuts, parmesan, garlic and a little bit of olive
oil to the basil. Any of these things can be removed if you have an
allergic reaction to them. Mix together well, so that all of the
ingredients are coated evenly with the olive oil.
3. In a food processor place 1/4 of the mixture and pulse until
slightly broken down, another 1/4 pulse, another 1/4 pulse and finally
the last 1/4 of the mixture and pulse.
4. Add the olive oil a little bit at a time until the mixture is
completely broken down and blended well. It's ok to have some oil left
over. Season with salt and pepper.
5. You can use immediately or place in a covered container and refrigerate. Use as needed.
Makes approximately 4c.