Chicken Pot Pie
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrots
¼ cup + 2 Tbs butter
1 cup frozen tiny English peas
2 cup broth
1/3 cup flour
1 cup half & half
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
4 cups diced cooked chicken (4-6 boneless breasts)
2 packages Pepperidge Farms Frozen Puff pastry (thawed)
1 egg yolk
1 Tbs half & half
1. Sautee onion, celery, carrot in butter
2. stir in peas; cook one minute stirring
3. Mix flour in cold broth; pour into veggies, stirring
4. Add half and half… stir until thick and bubbly
5. add salt, pepper and chicken
roll out one package of puff pastry to fit bottom and sides of a 11x13 dish. put it in dish.
roll out second package of puff pastry to fit over top of dish.
Fill dish with chicken/veggies; top with second pastry. Trim pastry and fold under at edge
Combine egg and 1 Tbs half and half. Brush on top of pastry
Bake at 400 deg 15-20 min until brown and bubbly.
For half of a recipe, half all ingredients; use three boneless chicken breasts. Half makes 5-6 servings.