Raspberry-Almond Coffee Cake
Planning Tip: Can be baked up to 2 days ahead. Store in refrigerator.
Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Lightly coat a 9-in. springform pan with nonstick spray.
2. Topping: Put first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Cut with pastry blender until mixture resembles small peas. Stir in almonds.
3. Cake: In large bowl with mixer on low speed beat remaining cake mix and next 4 ingredients 1 minute to blend. On medium speed, beat 2 minutes (mixture is very thick). Fold in berries; spread in prepared pan. Press Topping into a ball between hands. Break off small clumps; sprinkle evenly over cake. Press lightly.
4. Bake 1 hour 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean (cake settles in center. That’s OK).
5. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Run a thin knife around edge of pan; remove pan sides. Loosen cake from pan bottom with a wide spatula; slide cake onto serving plate. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Per serving: 389 cal, 6 g pro, 45 g car, 2 g fiber, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 71 mg chol, 422 mg sod.
*Note: I baked this for Kristen’s Birthday breakfast cake in a 10” pan for about 50 minutes March 17, 2006.