Updated: Oct 19, 2007 09:13 AM CDT
JIM HAGY / CHEF'S MARKET CAFE & TAKEAWAY
1-1/4 c flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 c butter
2T sour cream
1 15-oz can pumpkin
3/4 c granulated sugar
2 t pumpkin pie spice
3/4 c half-and-half
4 slightly beaten eggs
1-1/4 c dark corn syrup
1-1/4 c sugar
3 T melted butter
2 t vanilla
2-1/2 c chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Mix crust ingredients by hand until they form a ball.
3. Pat out evenly into the bottom of a buttered 10-inch Springform pan and bake for 10 minutes. On the show, Jim lined the pan with aluminum foil for easy removal for "presentation."
4. Prepare pumpkin filling. In large bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Add eggs and beat lightly. Gradually beat in half-and-half.
5. Prepare pecan pie filling. In large bowl, whisk eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla until combined.
6. Remove crust from oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees.
7. Pour pumpkin filling over hot pie crust. Sprinkle pecans over pumpkin filling. Slowly pour pecan pie filling over pumpkin pecan mixture. Whole pecans could be place around the edge for decoration.
8. Bake for approximately 0ne hour or until set. ( the first time we tried this, we used a 9" pan and even after 1-hour and 40 min, the center still wasn't set)
9. Cool completely on wire rack. Remove from springform pan, cut and plate. Garnish with brickle candy, whipped cream and hot caramel sauce.