1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick)
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 pint strawberries, sliced
About 4 hours before serving or early in day:
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease large cookie sheet. In 2-quart sauce-pan, heat butter, water and salt until butter is melted and mixture boils; remove from heat. Vigorously stir in flour with wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball and leaves side of pan. Stir in eggs until smooth.
2. Spoon mixture into decorating bag with very large writing tube. Pipe mixture onto cookie sheet into twelve 4" by 1 " strips, rounding ends slightly. Bake 40 minutes or until lightly browned. With tip of paring knife, cut slit on side of each shell to let steam escape; bake 10 minutes longer. Cool on wire rack.
3. Prepare Orange-Cream Filling.
In 2 quart saucepan, mix 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in 1 1/4 cup milk. Over
medium heat, heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. In small bowl with fork, beat 6 egg yolks slightly;
beat small amount of milk mixture into yolks; slowly pour yolk mixture back into milk mixture; cook, strirring constantly, until mixture thickens and coats spoon, about 8 minutes ( do not boil). Remove saucepan from heat; stir in 1/4 cup orange- flavor liqueur. Cover custard surface with plastic wrap; chill, about 2 hours. Beat 1 1/2 cups heavy or whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold cream into custard.
4. Cut each shell horizontally in half. Fill bottom of each shell with filling; top with some berries; replace tops.
5. Prepare glaze. Spread eclairs with glaze. Refrigerate. Makes 12 servings. 450 calories per serving
CHOCOLATE GLAZE: In 1-quart saucepan over low heat, melt 2 squares semisweet chocolate and 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, stirring constantly. Stir in 1 cup confectioners sugar and 3 tablespoon milk until smooth.