McCLURE'S VERSION OF DUGUID'S BLUEBERRY BREAD
1. Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 pkg yeast, and 1 cup flour to large bowl.
2. Melt 1 stick margarine in 1 cup of milk in microwave
3. Use mixer (low) to beat liquid into dry ingredients.
4. Beat in 1 egg and 1 cup flour.
5. Add additional 2 1/4 cup flour to make soft dough
6. Turn dough onto floured surface and knead. Shape into ball
7. Turn over in greased bowl to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm place until dough is doubled (about one hour)
8. While dough is rising make up filling for 2 loaves
9. Add 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and one egg in bowl. Mix well
10. After dough has risen, divide in half.
11. Roll out on floured surface with rolling pin, in a long rectangle.
12. Smear half of the filling down center; make a groove down the center of the filling.
13. Add 1/4 can of blueberry filling to grove.
14. Cut the dough from the filling out to the edge, into 1 inch strips
15. Weave the strips over the top of the filling.
16. Bake 350 F for 15-20 minutes.