2 large (8-oz ea.) baking potatoes, scrubbed and sliced thin
2 tableskpoon olive oil
2 medium-sized onions, halved lengthwise cut in thin wedges
1 medium-sized red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut in thin strips
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
8 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
1. Addjust shelves to divide oven in thirds. Heat oven to 450 F. Grease 2 jelly-roll pans and one 8-inch square baking dish.
2. Toss potato slices with 1 tablespoon oil. Spread in a single layer in one jelly-roll pan
3. toss onions and bell pepper with remaining tablespoon oil. Spread in a single layer in other jelly-roll pan.
4. Bake both pans 12 to 15 min, stirring once, until vegetables are just tender.
5 Turn oven to 325 Fs. Move one oven rack to the center of oven
6. Arrange onions and pepper strips in bottom of the 8-inch baking dish. Scatter peas evenly over top.
7. Beat eggs, salt and hot-pepper sauce until blended. Gently pour over vegetables. Layer potato slices on top, covering the egg mixture.
8. Bake 35 to 40 minutes until eggs are set. (Check by pressing potatoes lightly. They should feel firm with no liquid egg seeping through) Place dish on wire rack and let cool to room temperature.
9. Cut frittata into 1-inch squares. Turn squares over. Serve soon or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days. Makes 64 squares
per square: 23 cal; 1 g pro; 2 g carb; 1 g fat; 27 mg chol;
46 mg sod